Sunday, September 24, 2017

Taste My Vacation Dinner!

As you know, I spent a wonderful week of vacation in Walla Walla last month, and to help celebrate and share my experiences with my friends, I hosted a "Taste My Vacation" dinner with individual courses and wine pairings.  And now is my chance to share that with everyone else virtually!  So enjoy the photos and taste my Walla Walla vacation!


The first course was a classic summer Caprese salad, with fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella topped with 25-year balsamic, Tuscan herb olive oil and fresh basil.  This appetizer was paired with a lovely 2014 Maison Bleue Bourgeois Grenache, with lovely fruit and mineral notes that perfectly accented the sweetness of the balsamic and creaminess of the mozzarella.


The second course was wasabi seared sea scallops over a bed of baby arugula tossed with 25-year white balsamic.  This course was paired with a 2015 Helix rose, the dry rose was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the white balsamic.


The main course was a grilled price ribcap with roasted asparagus and butter braised Yukon gold potatoes.  This course was paired with a 2014 Seven Hills Clone 191 Cabernet Sauvignon which perfectly accented the robust flavors of the steak and the creaminess of the potatoes.


Ant to end the evening, we had a lovely summer dessert of vanilla ice cream topped with espresso balsamic, fresh raspberries and 86% dark chocolate.  A lovely finale to the taste of my vacation.  Cheers!

1 comment: