Saturday, November 26, 2016

2012 RouteStock Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

So, today I put up a wreath and some evergreen garland I bought at Costco, along with some lights, doing by best impersonation of Clark W. Griswold (even to the point that I put up lights by my front porch and plugged them in and only half lit up!), the earliest I've ever put up any Christmas decorations.  No worries, the trees won't come for a couple more weeks!  At any right, I'm ready to relax with a glass of wine, and tonight I've decided to open a bottle of 2012 RouteStock Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, so let's see what cooks!


The wine is a deep, inky color in the glass with bright ruby along the edges, the classic look of a Cabernet.  The nose is rather pleasant, with some leather, black fruit and a hint of mint.  The taste is quite nice, with some ripe black fruit up front, blackberry and plum, that transition to some notes of cherry cola and green grass midpalate.  The finish is very nice, with well developed tannins that provide some backbone to the long, velvety dry finish.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, it's a very nice Cabernet that was also a good value (I think this one was under $20 at my local wine store).  It's a good wine for steak, which is a good thing since I have another bone-in ribeye to finish off tonight, along with some grilled veggies.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment