Wednesday, May 11, 2016

2015 Healy Rose

Happy Hump Day!  It's been a busy week already as I was in Montreal and Toronto for work (but at least I was able to score a bottle of Niagara wine at the duty free shop, more on that in a future post) and now I'm home for a couple weeks.  Tonight I went to the gym and now I'm ready to relax with a great bottle of wine, the 2015 Healy Rose, the latest signature wine from Doubleback, Drew and Maura Bledsoe's winery in Walla Walla.  So let's see how this rose from the Columbia Valley stacks up!


The wine is a beautiful salmon color, with some orange tints.  The nose presents aromas of strawberry, honeydew and some fresh spring floral notes.  The taste is just wonderfully refreshing, with some lovely crisp fruit notes up front, strawberry and honeydew again, but then there is a lovely reprise of apricot on the finish that just makes this wine a treat, perfect for the summer that's barreling towards us!

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, it's one of my favorites of the current crop of Roses from Washington, but unfortunately I only have one more bottle!  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with some classic summer food, some fried chicken and biscuit with a bit of cole slaw, and of course once dinner is over, I'll be enjoying this one on the patio as the sun goes down.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment