Friday, May 27, 2016

2014 I Giusti e Zanza "Nemorino" Super Tuscan

Happy Friday!  I have been so swamped with work I've hardly had time to enjoy any wine, but tonight I've decided that I have to relax, so after work I went to the gym and now I'm getting ready to enjoy a nice glass of wine. Tonight I've opened a bottle of 2014 I Giusti e Zanza "Nemorino" Super Tuscan, a red blend that I bought from the Wines Till Sold Out "Cheapskate Marathon" a few weeks ago.  Now I will admit, I really only bought this wine because I thought it had a really goofy label, and why not?  So let's see if the label was worth it!


The wine is a lovely deep ruby in the glass, more reminiscent of a Cabernet than a Sangiovese.  The nose present aromas of blackberry, cassis and spicy notes of black pepper and a hint of violet.  The taste is a lovely rush of fruit, cherry, blackberry and currant that transition nicely to some spicy pepper notes midpalate.  The tannins are young, but surprisingly well structured, providing the base for a long, smooth and very dry finish.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, it's a very nice blend that pleasant to drink right now despite it's youth.  It was also a great value at just $14!  This wine would be great with steak or a variety of hearty dishes, but tonight I am going full on Italian for this one and enjoying it with some hot Italian sausage with onions and peppers along with a bit of linguine tossed with garlic and olive oil on the side.  Saluti!

No comments:

Post a Comment