Sunday, January 26, 2014

2011 Wallace Brook Cellars Willamette Valley Pinot Noir

Tonight I've decided to open up a lovely Oregon Pinot noir to accompany a classic Sunday dinner. Now when I lived in Portland from 1999-2002 I learned to appreciate a good Pinot, especially those from the Willamette Valley, so I've opened a bottle of 2011 Wallace Brook Cellars Oregon Pinot noir.

The wine is a lovely ruby color in the glass with great clarity, but not as light as many Pinots I've seen. The nose is quite lovely with aromas of strawberries, leather and spice that allude to the complexity that awaits. The taste us very fruit forward, with lovely plum, cherry and raspberry flavors harmonizing with a touch of green grass and tea mid palate. The finish is quite nice with well structured tannins supporting an unusually long and dry finish. 


Overall I would rate this wine a solid 7.5, as it's a lovely example of a Pinot noir from one of the premier growing regions and it was a good value at only $19.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with a classic Sunday dinner or roast chicken with cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, just mike mom used to make!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment