Saturday, December 7, 2013

2002 L'Ecole No. 41 Columbia Valley Merlot

It's another Cellar Saturday and I am still blogging from my phone!  Maybe someday I'll have internet at my house but until then I have a nice bottle of 2002 L'Ecole No. 41 Columbia Valley Merlot!

The wine is a lovely bright ruby color in the glass, with a nose of rich fruit, blackberries, cherries and plum accented by some Asian spice and vanilla. The taste is wonderfully fruit forward with rich berries plum and cherry flavors that transitions to wonderful flavors of black tea, dried herbs and chalk mid palate. The finish is wonderfully dry and mineral, with a last wisp of smokey black fruit at the end, with flavors reminiscent of the classic Bordeaux "funk" that we all know and love.

Overall I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's a classic Columbia Valley Merlot that reminds me so much of a nice Bordeaux. Tonight I am enjoying this with a classic northwest dinner of Mediterranean crusted salmon fillet with some steamed Brussels sprouts and sundried tomato risotto. A lovely meal all around!  


No comments:

Post a Comment