Sunday, August 26, 2012

2009 L'Ecole No.41 Seven Hills Estate Cabernet Franc

So I am up by the cabin east of Blackduck, Minnesota and I'm roughing it today with a bottle from my favorite winery, the 2009 L'Ecole No. 41 Seven Hills Estate Cabernet Franc.


Of course, since I'm roughing it and using the Blogger for mobile app, I'll need to keep this brief (and of course the app failed since I was only on 1 bar of Verizon, so I'm actually publishing this now that I'm back home!). The nose is a pleasant combination of red berries, leather and smoke that fits well with a late summer afternoon in the northwoods. The taste is a lovely combination of luscious ripe red fruit with a bit of cocoa powder, leading up to a long, smooth, very dry finish.  Overall I would rate this one a solid 8.5, it's another great effort from L'Ecole, can't wait for my next wine club selections next month!

I'm enjoying a glass of this wine on a sunny afternoon with some garlic stuffed Spanish Queen olives and some local cheese flavored with tomato and basil. Now this is roughing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment