Friday, April 22, 2011

2007 Ancient Peaks Cabernet

What a wonderful day off, wish it could last a week, but alas work calls!  Today I tried a nice bottle of 2007 Anceint Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon from Paso Robles.  Now normally, I really like the Zins from Paso Robles, and seldom have I tried the Cabs, but this one was very nice.



It was quote fruity, with a nose of blackberry, cherry and black currant, and a taste that reminded me of some of the finer cabs from Napa Valley.  The taste was refined, with hints of berry, leather and tobacco, and a long, smooth finish.  Overall, a very pleasant wine, particularly given the price at just $14.  I had this one tonight with a halibut steak (it's amazing how little halibut resembles fish!), baked potato and some fresh steamed asparagus.  Such a wonderful meal, and a wine that I continue to enjoy even after the meal.  Overall, I would rate this one a solid 7.5, it's not spectacular, but for the price it's a nice everyday wine.  Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment