Monday, February 7, 2011

Why does pizza at home have to be frozen?

So I had to work a little late tonight, finally got home a little before 7:00 and I thought what to have for dinner?  Well, it was late and I didn't feel like cooking so I thought how about some pizza?  Well, frozen pizza is often pretty crappy, and you never really have the option of what to have on it, so I went back to my life just after college and got out an 8" individual size Boboli crust!  Now we're talking!  So I added some roasted garlic tomato sauce, then I had some scraps of proscuitto and capicola that I tossed on, then covered it all with some mozzarella, shredded parmesan and asiago cheese, and then topped with some slices of roasted red peppers.  The only thing I wished I had was some sprigs of fresh basil to add, but I guess I'll live! 

So my pizza was delicious with a glass or two of Coppola Claret, but just because I chose a more traditional meat and cheese pizza doesn't mean that's the only option.  The beauty of these prepared crusts is that the work is done for you, now all you need to do is the fun stuff, add the toppings you like!  I've done these with all fresh veggies, combinations of meat and veggies, grilled veggies, pesto instead of tomato sauce, sun dried tomatoes, heck even barbeque sauce and chicken!  There really is no right or wrong, so pick your favorites and in half hour you can be eating a fresh, hot and delicious dinner just the way you like it, blending the flavors that really make you sing!  And the best part is that making dinner is fun this way, whether you have friends over, or you're just making dinner for you and the kids, it's enjoyable and everyone gets what they really want.  And if you're not a fan of Boboli, there are other prepared crust options, even a simple tortilla could work, or if your a true gourmand, you can hand toss your own crust (but some of us have day jobs!).  So take a break and have a pizza, and share your tasty ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment