Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thank you Trader Joe's!

Ok, so I was out in Ypsilanti today at Eastern Michigan University for the CFA West Michigan Global Investment Research Challenge, and it was a lot of fun, brought back memories of college, and most importantly gave me an opportunity to stop at the Trader Joe's in Ann Arbor on the way home!  For those of you who don't know, TJ's is a great little store with many hard to find and otherwise great food and wine items super cheap!  I got some nice proscuitto, some great cheese, some fresh mozzarella balls, some frozen Maryland Crab Cakes (for my Maryland friends, they are not the ones you are used to, but for Michigan they are flippin awesome!), some frozen flounder stuffed with crabmeat, some great organic salsa and chips and a nice authentic baguette (to make my proscuitto, mozzarella and roasted pepper sandwich!).





And that brings us to what is in my glass right now!  I got a bottle of Les Portes de Bordeaux 2009, a nice simple bordeaux table wine.  Is it awesome?  Well no.  Is it great?  Well no.  But it's a nice drinking red table wine, with some twang, nice tannins, hints of leather and a very dry overall taste (as all good bordeauxs should be!).  I would rate this one a 6, but it's a nice wine and really, how could I complain when the price was just $4.99!  Yes you read that correctly, less than five bucks for a bottle of bordeaux from the greatest vintage in the past 30 years!  This one could use a few more years in the cellar, but I am drinking it now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment