Sunday, February 27, 2011

2007 Hannah Nicole Meritage

So I spent the weekend on the Lake Michigan coast, enjoying a couple days with friends at a wonderful cabin right on the lake (thanks Kail and Jacie!) and now that I am home after a wonderfully relaxing weekend away from cell phones, e-mail and internet, I am relaxing with a nice glass of wine!

Tonight I decided to open a bottle of 2007 Hannah Nicole Vineyards Meritage, and man was I impressed!  This was a wonderful Bordeaux style blend of 49% merlot, 34% cabernet, 12% petit verdot, 4% cab franc, and 1% malbec (good thing, since I am not a fan of malbec!), from Contra Costa County California (say that five times fast!), and certanly off the beaten path from the usual reds of Napa. 


This wine tasted SOOOO much better than the price would suggest, with flavors of black currant, ripe plums, cherries and blackberries (how appropriate for northern Michigan!), with a long spicy finish that just feels like a much more celebrated (and expensive) bottle of red wine.  There are many red blends on the market today, and I must say, this one really does it for me!  A bid bold taste, rich fruit flavors, lush mouthfeel and a finish that really lasts, I could just sit out by the lake and enjoy a bottle of this one (of course it was 27 degrees today, so maybe I'd sit by the big picture window by the fireplace looking at the lake!).

The regular price of this one is $15.99 at my local wine merchant, but this one was on sale for an astonishing $8.99!  And for that I will rate this one an outstanding 8.5 out of 10.  If you see this one where you shop, definitely pick up one for yourself and one to share, and let me know what time I should be over!

2 comments:

  1. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.
    It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Superb work!


    Also visit my web blog google adwords analyzer torrent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, I actually do all of this myself with a lot of help from the Google Blogger app, they really make it easy to pick a design and drop in the items that make the most sense based on your content. They make is so someone who's not as tech savvy and have a blog up and running quickly and easily.

      Delete